The Rotary Club of Eureka
Small Grants Program
The Rotary Club of Eureka awards small grants on a competitive basis to non-profit, volunteer and educational organizations to support their efforts to serve our community.
Typical awards are between $500 and $2,000. A maximum award of $3,000 is possible for exceptional projects which provide significant benefit.
Grants are for special projects. They are one-time funds not intended for ongoing operations. The grant should be sufficient for your organization to complete the project. If you have matching funds from other sources, the Club will participate as long as the total funds are sufficient to complete the project.
II) Award Considerations:
The target population for this grant program is the greater Eureka area, and serving or relating to at least one of the following categories:
- Community Health
The Club receives many grant requests. Priority will be given to projects that purchase equipment (e.g. assets) that enable or improve the organization’s ability to achieve their service mission. Priority will also be given to projects that benefit a large number of people in the target audiences above.
Complete the Small Grant Application (which follows). Applications are due for each round as follows:
Mail your completed application to:
Rotary Club of Eureka
Attention: Small Grants Committee
P.O. Box 65
Eureka CA 95502-0065
A committee will review and evaluate applications three times each year and make recommendations to the Club’s Board of Directors. You will be notified via e-mail or phone after the Board makes its decision (generally the month after the application is due). Previously considered applications are not re-considered automatically. They must be re-submitted.
- Grants are awarded at the sole discretion of the Rotary Club of Eureka.
- The grant is public information. Rotary may use any part of your application to promote our program or to provide public information.
- If you are awarded grant funds, you will be requested to assist us in spreading word of our program. We request that you provide a “thank you” letter on your letterhead giving a general description of what you were able to accomplish with the grant. Rotary may publish that letter.
- If you purchased equipment or other form of a hard asset, we request that you place the Rotary logo on the equipment/asset. This will consist of a Rotary logo decal, or in the case of large assets, a permanent Rotary wheel. We will provide them to you at no cost.
- Grants are generally awarded at a Rotary meeting. You will be required to appear for the presentation of the funds.
- Rotary grant funds are to be used only for the purposes for which the grant was made. You agree to provide the Rotary Club a letter detailing the use of grant funds within 90 days after the funds are expended.
- If the terms outlined in these rules are not followed, you agree that the Rotary Club may recover the grant funds.
Small Grants Application Documents
Completed Small Grants Applications or inquiries may be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign and Ruth Smith Fund Grant
Completed Sign and Ruth Smith Fund Grant Applications or inquiries may be submitted to: email@example.com