The meeting was opened at noon on Zoom by President Klark Swan. Scott Thompson led the pledge of Allegiance. Thought of the day was provided by Darus Trutna.
- The Rotary Foundation dinner – November 7th 7-8:15pm. This is virtual. You provide your own dinner and drinks, they’ll provide the entertainment. Check your email for details.
- Carson Park – If you haven’t taken the survey yet, please do. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S7HH7YQ?fbclid=IwAR1Wggn5GHcfJ4jjDKB7ytyM0vT5SmgRLMVFWbWyvswXQxoYRLiucYny2v4
- Backpacks for Kids – is going. Please volunteer to pack. Thursdays 3:30-4:30 at @Old Growth Cellars.
- Foundation Challenge – help us become a million dollar club more details coming.
- Social Night last Monday – 15 Rotarians and 8 Rotaractors came out. It was cold but fun and very Covid safe. Thanks to Jera for getting this organized.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Veteran’s Day at McKay. Sponsored by Humboldt IPA. Looking for volunteers to help with parking registration, etc. on November 13. If you are interested email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lyshwerya Rotaractor – Event coming up at Arcata Theatre Friday November 5th. A night of Bollywood Dance and Performances. https://tickets.vemos.io/-LvvzSYm6udEnGfKIRLa/arcata-theatre-lounge/-MlkkCLKopGIZUuT1Ylp/diwaliwood-dance-night
- Done in a Day – With 3 clubs at Carson Park. Date and time TBA. Will be a clean up and BBQ.
- Rotary Southwest- Veteran’s Day event is cancelled for COVID safety reasons.
- Internal vote on chat – Are you ready for in-person meetings?
ROTARY MOMENT: We have gone over 8 months with no new cases. Very inspiring. Since January 1st 1 case in Afghanistan and 62 in Pakistan.
RECOGNITION: Coast Central Credit Union recently won the Ethics in Business award for Rotary District 5130. There were many interviews. Jim Sessa said that CCCU basically won because of their long-standing commitment to their members. He donated $600 to sponsor 2 kids for Backpacks for Kids.
SPEAKER: Past President Carly Robbins talked about Rotoplast. Rotoplast was established to treat children with cleft lip and or palette and burn issues. They provide free reconstructive surgery for kids. About 7 years ago Carly went on a mission to Bangladesh with 3 other Rotoractors. (Carly was a Rotoractor at the time). As a non-medical volunteer she helped with patient transport. The other volunteers helped with sterilizing, medical records, etc. You work every day you are there, all day every day. It’s a lot of work that is very rewarding as it provides such an improved life for these people.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:48pm.