President Mindy Sehon opened the meeting at noon.
- We first broke out into small groups for table talk time which worked pretty well so we will continue with this.
- Chris Dart- DANCO Group is our speaker today.
- Tom Schallert was our inspirational speaker.
- Rotarian Richard Borough passed away in his sleep last week. He will be missed.
- World polio day was Saturday October 24, 2020. Please consider making a donation. We are very close to eradicating polio in the world. Africa was declared Polio free this year. Big accomplishment.
Lost Coast Rotaract– Annual fundraiser Spirits & Spirits is happening on October 30th. For anyone interested in Spirits & Spirits you can sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are $45 and you can pay for them at https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/lostcoastrotaract
District Conference Basket Time – The winner of the raffle drawing is Keith Crossley!
- Dennis Hunter is taking guitar lessons. There was some discussion about having a jam session with Patrick Cleary.
- Keith Crossley- Attended a BNI Meeting at the Samoa Social Club. He said it was fun and he felt very safe as everything was set up to accommodate COVID-19 concerns.
- Swan Klark has family photos taken with everybody dressed as spies wearing moustaches.
Chris Dart from Danco Group
Phyllis Rex Samoa Coast Townhomes. Tail end of construction now. There are 80 townhomes. All affordable housing. Worked with Humboldt Area Foundation to get the financing on this project. 20 of the units are for homeless families. Incredible views. Every unit has a garage. This was done to raise bottom levels up to accommodate sea rise. Taking applications now for renters.
Bayview Heights on 4th Street. Construction is done. Fully leased. Targeted to veterans and homeless. Partnered with Humboldt County and Eureka Housing Authority as well as Veteran’s Center of America and DHHS for funding. Fulltime coordinator at site. 24-hour security, counseling services, individual counseling, outside deck area. Beautiful facility.
7th and Myrtle Ave – Planning a new project. Property is owned by City of Eureka. 36-unit Senior Housing project. 3 story building. Working on financing for quite some time. Still working on the financing. Have had approval on some financing but now all that is needed.
Meeting was adjourned @12:47pm.