Past President Klark Swan presided over the meeting.
- The service for President Jerry Reece will be on November 5 at the Wharfinger
- A reminder that the Blood Bank is doing a special promotion in October. Donate blood and they will plant a tree in Uganda in your name.
- Backpacks for Kids is happening every Thursday from 3:30 – 4:30 at Old Growth Cellars. It’s a fun time. Come help pack bags with food for kids.
- Klark said the Foundation Dinner was last Saturday and was a lot of fun.
- Kate Witthaus let us know that the City of Eureka is inviting the public to participate in helping them decide how to spend money. They have up to $15,000 to spend. Kate suggested Googling for more information about how you can participate.
- Youth Exchange- Lynn Dugaw read us a very entertaining letter from our current outbound student, Naomi who is in Denmark. She commented a few times on how cold it is there.
- Toys for Tots collection starts November 5th at Costco and Target. Sign up now for a 3 hour shift to help collect toy donations. Talk to Nancy Dean for more information.
- Rotaract needs a place to meet. They meet on Mondays bi-weekly from 5:30 – 6:30. Eureka Natural Foods offered their Café area or a conference Room. Ming Tree offered a conference room.
- Heads up – the annual Bootlegger Ball will be coming up in April at the Sequoia Conference Center. More info to come. Funds raised go to help the many things we do at the Rotary Club of Eureka.
- There will be a Centennial Committee meeting directly following today’s meeting.
RECOGNITIONS: Jera and Annalise were recognized for attending the Sara Bareilles concert.
PROGRAM: Our own Jaison Chand was the program today representing Ferndale Repertory Theatre. Jaison and his co-actors treated us to a ½ hour contest where we had to guess the name of the song they were singing (all songs were from plays they had performed in the past). The top winner was Hank Ingham who received a gift certificate for $50!
Following the performance the new Artistic Producing Director, Cleo DeOrio, talked about the theatre and let us know that performances coming up include The Rocky Horror Show happening October 27 -29, Seussical the Musical (a Dr. Seuss play geared to kids) is starts November 25 and runs through December 18th. The Elephant Man will be performed starting January 26 and running through March 19. To buy tickets or for more information check their website: ferndalerep.org.